Title: Book search
You can use one or multiple key words to search for books. Headlines and content will be included.
Task-Analysis-Tools (TAToo) – Step-by-Step Support for Successful Job and Work Analysis, by Koch, Anna; Westhoff, Karl
2012, 92 pages, ISBN 978-3-89967-760-7
(w/o VAT 23.36)
ebook, available at:
What are the Task-Analysis-Tools (TAToo)?
The Task-Analysis-Tools (TAToo) are a tool kit of empirically tested methods and procedures for the creation of a requirement profile. The TAToo toolkit provides practitioners with a step-by-step guide to successful job and work analysis.
How is a job and work analysis performed using TAToo?
In the first step, “Collect”, task descriptions, required knowledge skills and abilities, and descriptions of present and future work situations that are critical for success (critical incidents) are collected. Job experts from the individual company or organization describe the specific behavior of incumbents in critical situations. What they describe is the actual behavior demonstrated by both high-performers and low-performers in such critical situations.
In the second step, “Group”, these job experts categorize the information collected in the first step according to similarities in the behavior patterns and assign each group of behavior-oriented descriptions a name or heading that characterizes one discrete requirement.
In the third step, “Assess”, the job experts use standard rating scales to evaluate the collection of requirements created in the second step and their constituent behavior-oriented descriptions according to their importance and the extent to which they can be trained and compensated for. Only the requirements rated as very important and essential are then taken over into the final requirement profile.
How does TAToo support practitioners?
“Tool 1 – Collect” provides detailed and structured guides for a choice of three alternative methods for the data collection: questionnaire, interview, and workshop. The experience gathered from the empirical testing of the tool kit helps practitioners to make sound decisions about the choice of the most appropriate data collection method for their specific purposes.
“Tool 2 – Group” provides an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to running a workshop in which job experts group the information and descriptions collected in Tool 1 into requirements.
“Tool 3 – Assess” helps job experts to rate the requirements and behavior-oriented descriptions according to their importance and the extent to which they can be trained and compensated for, and to compile the very important and essential requirements into a requirement profile.
Requirement profiles created with the TAToo tool kit have been proven to comply with currently applicable standards and guidelines from both theory and practice.
What can you use the requirement profile created with TAToo for?
- Requirement profiles created with TAToo can serve prospective job applicants as a “realistic job preview”. This increases the proportion of potentially suitable candidates among those who actually apply for the job.
- Requirement profiles created with TAToo are the basis for rational, fair and optimally efficient personnel selection and personnel development.
- Employees can assess at any time to what extent they meet the requirements of their jobs. Staff appraisals then become an interchange between two persons who are both equally well informed about the requirements of the job in question.
- Requirement profiles created with TAToo are ideal management tools.
Who can and should use TAToo?
- All businesses and organizations that set great store in having rational, fair and efficient assessment of job applicants and incumbents.
- Recruitment consultants.
« Back to the list
Go back to the regular design...